The primary aim of this call is to intensify and consolidate cooperation with excellent partners in sub-Saharan Africa and foster collaborations on research topics of joint interest. Submitted proposals should synergistically connect to ongoing or potential future IAA research activities within the broader scope of the four GIGA Research Programmes (RPs) – namely Accountability and Participation (RP1), Peace and Security (RP2), Growth and Development (RP3), and Power and Ideas (RP4).
Proposals to be considered:
- Carry out a small research project within the broader scope of the aforementioned focus areas.
- Carry out early-stage research or exploratory studies intended to obtain more significant funding from major sources.
- Conduct field research (quantitative or qualitative) within the scope of an existing larger research project.
- Carry out other supplemental research activities within an existing research project that otherwise could not be realised due to budget limitations.
- Engage in synergistic program activities, such as the dissemination of research results to broader audiences; as well as the organisation and support of workshops and research meetings.
Screening of applications will begin on 17 April, 2017.
Please note that the maximum funding for each seed project will be €5,000.
For any further questions please contact:
Simone Schotte, phone: +49 (0)40 - 42825-791, email: email@example.com