The Coordination and Support Action IC4WATER was launched in January 2017 in support of the Water JPI and focuses on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) related to water challenges for implementing the Water JPI Strategic Research & Innovation Agenda.
It will be implemented through a Joint Call for transnational collaborative projects on research and innovation to support the implementation of water policies. IC4WATER will benefit researchers, water authorities, policy-makers, utility operators, industry and citizens by developing research and innovation in the water area.
This Joint Call will cover two topics:
- Multiple pressure effects on ecosystems and ecosystem services as well as effective mitigation – adaptation tools and assessments for implementing the water related targets of the UN SDGs.
- Developing accessible solutions for clean water management to address UN SDG6 targets and associated SDGs.
The Joint Call is funded by 12 Funding Partner Organisations from 12 countries. This Call is for collaborative transnational research proposals. Consortia should include a minimum of 3 partners from 3 different participating countries. (Researchers from other countries can also participate at their own costs - commitment needed for being associated to a consortium applying to the Water JPI 2017 Joint Call.)
- 11 October 2017: Opening of the 2017 Water JPI Joint Call
- 27 November 2017: Webinar for applicants
- 11 December 2017: 1st stage – Deadline for submission of pre-proposals
- 27 April 2018: 2nd stage – Deadline for submission of full proposals: