The Africa Centers of Excellence for Development Impact (ACE Impact) project anticipates the formal launch of a Call for Proposals in June 2018. Eligible higher education institutions from participating countries in West and Central Africa will be encouraged to submit proposals that address a regional Development Challenge through a focused programme of postgraduate education and applied research.
This pre-announcement letter has been released to introduce the anticipated project, and to share a draft version of the Call for Proposals so that potential applicants can begin developing their proposals.
Objective and expected results:
- Increase in the number of students (with a focus on regional and female students) enrolled and graduating from the masters and PhD programs
- Improvement in the quality of programs (including increase in number of programs and ACE host institutions that obtain international accreditation, stronger regional and global partnerships)
- Improvement in the relevance of the trainings and applied research evident through:
- Increase in amount of externally generated income
- Increase in number of industry/sectoral partners and stronger commitments from these partners (through funding, internships, advisory board participation, etc.)
- Evidence of substantial development impact attributable to the project.
Countries eligible for participation (anticipated):
Burkina Faso, Ghana, Cameroon, Gambia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo, Western Africa
Find more information on the website of Africa Centres of Exellence
Source: Africa Centres of Excellence