The M-ERA.NET Call 2016 opened on the 15th of March 2016. 35 funding agencies from 26 countries participate with a preliminary total budget of around 40 million €, including an EU contribution.
The aim is to fund ambitious transnational RTD projects addressing materials research and innovation including materials for low carbon energy technologies and related production technologies. M-ERA.NET aims to strengthen the contribution of materials R&D to energy-related applications where applicable.
The Call 2016 includes the following thematic areas:
- Integrated computational materials engineering (ICME)
- Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- High performance synthetic and biobased composites
- Functional materials
- Interfaces between materials and biological hosts for health applications
- Materials for additive manufacturing
Call documents for download:
- Call announcement
- Guide for proposers
- mandatory Pre-Proposal form
- mandatory Full-Proposal form and mandatory annex 1 to Full-Proposal form (will be available soon, visit the M-ERA.NET website for updates))
Submit Pre-Proposal form via M-ERA.NET submission system (deadline 14 June 2016, 12:00 noon Brussels time!)
Please contact your respective national/regional funding organisation for detailed information!
Contact for South Africa:
Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Mr Toto Matshediso
Deputy Director: Strategic Partnerships
Phone: (+27)843 6339
Source, further information and updates: M-ERA.NET website